Tuesday, June 17, 2014


So, it's happened! Mauricio and Melissa were married and baptized in the church on Saturday! And the wedding was stressful, but very beautiful and successful. God has blessed us more than I can tell! They are so grateful and happy to be members and will be going to the temple to do baptisms this Thursday! And guess what? We're going with them! We're going to do a session while they're in the font! I am seriously so excited. 
The temple is such a treat for me! We're going to leave at 3:15am and we're also going with Henry, the teenager we baptized in March, and a 12 year old investigator named Maria Celeste, who's on date for May 10th! I love to see the sacrifices of the members here. They have to pay 100 lempiras for the bus ($5) and pay for breakfast and lunch there and it's a significant sacrifice for them. I cannot express how grateful I am to have been born in the United States into the covenant. I love my country and I love this gospel. 
Henry and a lot of other youth went to Teguc this week to go see a gringo dentist who came to do their mission appointments for free and take out their wisdom teeth. It's so interesting to be on the recieving ends of these services here in Honduras! I was so grateful for the dentist who gave my comp a free root cannal. If I go into medicine, I want to come back to do humanitarian work. These people need so much help! This is such a poor country! 
I always have to comment (complain) on the weather here. This week it hit 112 degrees and I have heat rash all over my body to prove it! Ahhhh. I don't understand how people can live here! But despite it all, I'm happy! 
Missions are so great. So hard. I think only RM's can understand what I'm talking about. But only RM's can understand the blessings and joy that comes from this work. This is a gospel of JOY! I love teaching it. I love feeling God's patience with me as I struggle to worthily represent Him. I love His mercy. I love His goodness. 
And I love all of you! 

Have a great week and send me lots of pictures! I'll see you in a couple weeks!
Hermana Flynn


No comments:

Post a Comment