Tuesday, June 17, 2014


First off, thank you so much for the birthday package! I'm saving the letters until my actual birthday, but I love all the stuff you sent me! I especially love the darling notebook and I've already started writing the tender mercies I see each day here in Honduras. Thank you! 
I cannot wait to see you all on Sunday at 5pm! My recent convert, Carolina, is lending us her laptop so pray that the connection will be good! 
Life is wonderful here. I had a really hard day with my companion and we were able to humble ourselves and fix things before going to the temple the next day. I've had almost all Latin comps and I admit that it's not always easy to work with them. Their culture is much more dramatic, I've found, which can make life a little bit more difficult. But I'm grateful for these companion trials because I know they're preparing me to be a more patient and kind wife and mother. 
The temple was such a blessing. Henry, my convert from March, paid his ticket before anyone else and went to do baptisms. He is so pilas! He's the one sitting by us in the picture. He's preparing for his mission next year. And we also brought Maria Celeste, the girl we're baptizing this Saturday. I attached a picture of us on the busride home. She loves me... I'm so normal...
I was able to do a session with my companion and sit by the dear friend who cooks us lunch every day and washes our clothes by hand. Her name is Hermana Magdalena (like Magdeline) and I love her SO much. She is my mom here. She's about 4'11 and weighs less than 100 pounds. We pay her $25 every 15 days to feed us each lunch (which is the main meal of the day) and to wash our clothes once a week. So we spend lots of time in her house and she is one of the most special women of my mission. 
Anyway, we woke up at 2am to go to the temple as a ward on a yellow school bus. It's about a 4 hour drive. I'm so touched by the sacrifices of the members here. They had to pay 100 lemps each ($5), which is a sacrifice for them!! We got home around 8 pm and were exhausted, but so spiritually enriched. I LOVE THE TEGUC TEMPLE! I have such a testimony of the holy temple. 
I love God. Our president asked us to study the atonement this month and gave us lots of homework. I am loving it! This week I have been softened and shaped by the Lord. I'm also trying to meet my high goal of finishing the BOM before next Wednesday...I'm in Alma 15... We'll see how that goes! I just love the scriptures. I really love Jesus Christ. 
Here's your family home evening homework: each one of you take the quiz at the end of chapter 6 in Preach my Gospel about the attributes of Jesus Christ!
I love Honduras. The winter is already starting here, meaning there are now insane thunder storms. Lightning and thunder like I've never experienced before. It's startling. 
Here are a couple things I haven't told you guys:
We take a 45 min bus in order to go to the stake center that's 10 min away in taxi in order to save 8 lemps each way ($0.40). If not, we run out of money. 
We can't flush paper in central america. No one flushes paper. There are always garbage cans by the toilets to throw your paper away. 
When the people have a toothache, they go to the public hospital to get their teeth pulled for 20 lempiras ($1)... without anesthetic. I love all the toothless smiles! They warm my heart. 
The men in the street are ridiculously disrespectful about women. And incredibly verbal. A man polishing shoes just barely yelled after me, ''I'll marry you this instant! I'm loving your little skirt!'' Haha my little skirt that hits me mid-calf! These men are crazy. 

Well, that's all for now, but I'll see you soon! I'll send more pics of the wedding. 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! You are the BEST mom I've ever had, and I mean that. haha
Seriously though, I've never been more grateful to you than I am right now. I love you dearly. 

xoxo, 
Hermana Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment