Saturday, September 20, 2014


So much to say. These past couple of days have been so... I don't know the word. Inspiring and overwhelming and happy and stressful and refining. 
Elder Duncan, the President of the Area 70, came to visit us for 3 days and he instructed us in a multizone conference on Thursday and a leadership ''Consejo'' on Friday. How I wish he would have come at the start of my mission! Man, he teaches with power and authority. I am so amazed at how our leaders consecrate their lives and turn them over to God. We don't see half of all they do. The church is SO organized. 
I'm learning more and more that this work is the Lord's business. It's not a warm, fuzzy work! But it is powerful and demanding and gratifying and definitely worth every effort! I just can't believe how I didn't know anything about missionary work before the mission! I was ''sleeping during the restoration!'' (--Pres. Uchtdorf.) Are you all sleeping like I was? Why didn't we ever invite our nonmember neighbors or less actives to our family home evenings? Why didn't we always carry books of mormon on our vacations? (Mom was actually really good at that!) 
I've been feeling the hastening of the Lord's work. And I'm seeing His merciful and powerful hand in my life and in the lives of all those who won't push it away. We really are in the last days. I'm so grateful for the powerful preparation that is coming from honorable missionary service that is going to bless this upcoming generation. We need strong parents to help raise righteous children in an incresingly wicked world. 
We got to go to the temple as ZL's and STL's with President and Hermana Bowler and it was a great experience. Hermana Alegre and I sat in on 11 sealings and so we practically got brainwashed with the promises God extends to all who willingly and faithfully keep those powerful covenants. Wow, He really loves us. 

''Of all the titles of respect and honor and admiration that are given to Diety, God has asked us to address Him as Father.'' --La Primera Presidencia 

Let's remember that Christ has promised us ''all that the Father hath''! Let's get moving and serve God with all our hearts, might, minds, and strength! 

Every member a missionary!!

I love you all! 

Hermana Flynn 



No comments:

Post a Comment