Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hola mis queridos bichos, 

I'm already out of time, but I can't let this week pass by without telling you about one of the sweetest experiences of my entire mission...

I held a baby monkey's hand. 

No, I'm totally kidding. I honestly had such a special experience on Wednesday morning. But I did hold a baby monkey's hand. 

I got to do divisions in La Joya, my first area, on Tuesday and it was such a joy! I'll tell you all about it after the mission. But here's the highlight:

On Tuesday, we ended our day so late and weren't able to go see the Matamoros Family. They're the family I activated with Hermana Vasquez and we baptized their granddaughters, Ambar and Monica. Marcelino made me the breathtaking wooden ''quadro'' of Christ looking over Jerusalem. 

I couldn't bear to leave La Joya without seeing them, so we went early in the morning to make the visit. 

The way Marcelino looked at me that morning was unlike any expression I've ever seen. It was this mix of surprise and wonder and Christlike love. They didn't know I was coming. In fact, they didn't know I'd gotten moved back to the city. According to them, I was 4 and a half hours away in Choluteca. 
We talked for a couple minutes with the family and Marcelino told me he was going to church this Sunday. (They're less active again.) He told me that he'd already made the decision because of an experience he'd had this week, even though his son is coming home from the U.S. this Sunday. 
He turned to his wife and asked, ''Should I tell her?'' 
She smiled and nodded. 
He told me that the night before I came to La Joya, he had a very vivid, very realistic dream. In his dream, I was sitting on a bench outside. He came and sat with me on the bench and we talked about the gospel for a long time. He didn't tell me what I said, but he said it left him very impacted and very inspired and very full. 
And then I told him that the very last bus was coming, and that he had to decide whether or not to get on. He realized that he had his entire family behind him, following him. 

He's choosing to get on. 

As he told me this, tears streamed down my eyes for God's timing. I know with all my heart that I'm supposed to be here. I know that I needed to meet these people. I know that I needed them to meet me. God's plan is so intricate and perfect and I am eternally grateful. 

When it comes to expressing my love for these people and my gratitude towards God for letting me serve in Honduras and for letting me come to be with all of you and be born under the covenant, both the English and Spanish languages feel very limited. I couldn't ever let you all know how much this all means to me. I know that Christ is the only one who understands 100%. I hope He got to feel my highs as well as my lows when He atoned for me. I love Him so much. 
Amor divino, 



Hermana Flynn






No comments:

Post a Comment