Saturday, January 4, 2014

Guess what? Marcelino Matamoros (who carved me the beautiful wooden cuadro) received the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday after being inactive for 31 years and smoking for many more! It is honestly the biggest miracle I've seen in the mission. His wife was in church with him too and we're working towards their goal to be sealed in the temple next Dec. before I go home!! I feel so blessed. 
Tomorrow, we're moving from our little casita into an apartment above a member's house because it's more central and more secure. It is a PAIN to move, but at least I'll have my bags packed for cambios on the 8th of January. I'm pretty positive I'm going to leave my first area, and the thought rips my heart apart! I am so in love with La Joya. This ward is full of family, and it's going to take a lot of faith to leave them. Serving a mission teaches you so much about love. 
It was so fun to talk to Nick and Dad in Spanish! I'm so excited to tell them all my secrets in front of the rest of you. (I'm giving you motivation to start learning! Make it a New Years resolution!)
My comp and I speak Ubby Dubby to each other in Spanish. 

Write to you next year, 

Hermana Flynn

 P.S. I already told you guys some of the hilarious stuff Hondurans believe here, but I left out a couple: People can't eat ice cream or anything chilly if they have a cold, because it will make them much more sick. They also can't go to a funeral if they have a cold, for the same reason. They also think it's dangerous to eat anything with lemon in it when a woman is menstruating because it will stop her period unnaturally and ruin her body. Also the ''cambios en clima'' make everyone sick. AKA they think the 5° fluctuations in the weather give people illnesses. #GOHONDURAS

No comments:

Post a Comment