Sunday, November 10, 2013

So I found out a little too late that they DO NOT celebrate Halloween here. In fact, they teach their children that it is devilish and sinful. So you can imagine how my English class went when I had ''Happy Halloween'' up on the whiteboard and my lesson plan was to practice Trick-or-Treating and to learn Thriller by Michael Jackson in English... Epic fail.
This week flew by. The highlights were teaching a new investigator an awesome lesson!! She is SO cute and is 18 with a 2 year old baby and a 32 year old boyfriend who she lives with! (yikes) She came to church this week with her sister and ''sister-in-law'' (boyfriend's sister.) Whooo!

We were fasting and saw the immediate blessings! We had SIX investigators in church! A family of three and three others plus a family of four that we're reactivating!
Plus yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and I feel so blessed becuase a woman who's dying of cancer bore her testimony on a scripture that I had shared with her 2 months ago and it was gratifying to know that the spirit had prompted me to do it. And also because another girl bore her testimony on the prayer experience we had a couple weeks ago with the lights in the church. I'm starting to feel like I can make a positive difference here with the Lord's help and guidence.
I'm trying to develop a multitude of Christlike attributes. One of which is PATIENCE. Living with a companion is hard at times, but it's refining me.

Mosiah 23:21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to achasten his people; yea, he trieth their bpatience and their faith.

Mosiah 24:16  And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.
Bondage, or a bad companionship haha. But I believe that you can learn to love ANYONE!

Please enjoy beautiful Fall because it's over 90 degrees at noon everyday here.

Happy Halloween! I hope you all watched Haunted Honeymoon together.

love,
Hermana FlynnRider

P.S. There are absolutely no crosswalks here, so to cross the big, busy streets, we play a really high-speed,  high-risk version of Frogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment